This is Ambassador
- Outstanding sighting success rate
- Calm waters of Eyjafjordur (sea-sickness is very rare!)
- Experienced crew & professional guides
- Safe and comfortable boat custom designed for whale watching
- See Harpa and Solfarid from another angle in the Reykjavik tour
- Multiple whale watching platforms
- Certified Travel Service by VAKINN Quality
- Silver Class Environmental by VAKINN Quality
- Walking distance to from downtown Reykjavík
- Commentary through on board sound system
- Heated indoor cabins with toilet facilities
- Light snacks, coffee and drinks available on board
- Walking distance from Cruise ships and all major hotels in Akureyri for all tours in Akureyri
About us & what we do
Founded in 2013, Ambassador was the first whale watching company to operate tours from the town of Akureyri in northern Iceland. With convenient location, excellent sighting rate and high quality service, the companies reputation grew fast and it quickly became one of the biggest whale watching companies in Eyjafjord.
In May of 2018, Ambassador joined forces with Whale Watching Akureyri. By operating under one management, we are able to offer a greater selection of tours and thus provide our customers with better services. Combined, we now have two main offices, on the opposite side of the pier, as well as three bigger boats and four RIB’s.
Our goal has always been to deliver first-class tours, where safety and quality are the key factors. All our tours are constructed with passion by wildlife experts to deliver the ultimate whale watching experience for you and your companions.
The Ambassador team is a perfect mix of professionalism and passion and we strive to make your tour unforgettable while respecting the delicacy of the environment in which we operate. We love whale watching, and we want to share our wealth of knowledge and provide you with a genuine and entertaining whale watching experience.
Our vessels are specially designed for whale watching. They are fast, stable and safe, designed to give you the best possible viewing angles while complying with the strictest safety standards for comfort and cleanliness. With our excellent reviews on Facebook and TripAdvisor, we are confident that once you set your foot on board you will agree.
BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS IN CALM WATERS
What customers say
“It was a great whale watching tour! We saw 6 or 7 whales and got within 10 metres of one. Just off the bow there you could almost pet it we were so close.”
– Shawn, US
“I took the Akureyri Whale Watching Tour with my family and we had a great trip. We saw breaching Humpback whales and Minke whales. It was marvelous to see the Humpback whales breaching just in front of the boat. A wonderful trip!”
– Sven, Germany
“This is as close as you can get to humpback whales while still being surrounded by land and ice of Akureyri. It was a beautiful trip with Ambassador, which I shan’t forget for my entire life! Recommend highly when you are in Akureyri or Iceland!”
– Shen Yan Liow