REYKJAVIK NORTHERN LIGHTS CRUISE
Aurora Borealis – Magical tranquility
Do you want to experience the majestic Northern Lights?
We sail from Reykjavik harbor every night at 22:00 far away from the disturbance of the city lights so that we can experience the glory of the Northern Lights to the fullest. Until April 15th.
- Book your ticket right now online, or by calling us on +354 462 6800 or drop by at our booking office at Geirsgata 7a, upstairs!
- Dress in warm clothes, pack your camera.
- Come to Hlésgata, Vesturbugt harbor or to our booking office half an hour before departure.
- Sail away, sail away, sail away… and get experienced. We depart from Hlésgata, Vesturbugt harbor at 22:00 sharp. The tour takes about two or three hours. We have a great bar on board and you can also enjoy some snacks.
Reykjavik Northern Lights Cruise
Across the Northern hemisphere the vividly coloured Northern lights are one of nature‘s most spectacular phenomena.
Since Northern lights only appear on high latitudes, Iceland is a prime destination for those who want to witness this seasonal spectacle. The intensity of Northern Lights activity is highest in the Arctic. North Iceland stretches out into the arctic, hence it is the optimal place to go.
Watching the Northern lights out in the Faxaflói bay on a still evening in the first-class comfort of our boat is an experience that will keep you enchanted for the rest of your life. Our Northern Lights Tour takes you out from the old harbour in Reykjavik city center for a peaceful and relaxing cruise where the ghostly green lights dancing across the night sky are the stars of the show.
“Used Ambassador for Northern Lights Viewing
Ambassador took us on a northern lights viewing tour in Akureyri and needless to say, we are so glad that we went along. At our hotel, the Icelandair Akureyri, they recommended that we go out on a boat to see the northern lights because their forecast said there would be a good chance of catching them. Well, we listened and spent the $100 to go and have nothing but a lifetime of memories.
We saw the aurora borealis in all the colors you can possibly imagine, dancing, bouncing and just at their best. It was a frigidly cold night, but the boat staff did their best to offer us blankets and let us go down to the bottom, covered deck to keep warm. It was a lovely experience and Ambassador made it possible.”
Take a good look at this map. Our booking office is at Geirsgata 7a, in the blue houses, next door to Cafe Haiti, the red sign outside says friend. You can meet us here and walk with us to the harbor or you can show up with your voucher at Hlésgarður harbor.
Tour fact sheet
- Roughly two and a half hours
- Five different watching platforms
- 360° panorama from top deck
- Commentary through on board sound system
- Heated indoor cabin with toilet facilities
- Comfortable cushioned seats & ample space
- Light snacks, sandwiches, coffee, beer & soft drinks available on board
Schedule for Reykjavik Northern Lights Cruise
September 2017 – April 2018
September 2017 – April 2018
|21:00||1st– 31st||1st– 30th||1st– 31st||1st– 31st||1st– 28th||1st– 14th|
|22:00||15th– 30th||15th– 31st||1st– 15th|
Schedule for Reykjavik Northern Lights Cruise 2017
|March||1st– 14th||15th– 31st|
|May – September|